Tuesday, February 01, 2005

talk about magic


Fifth long exams start tomorrow. Preventive Medicine in the morning. Medicine in the afternoon.

Which reminds me about those darn "magic". Any SLCM student would know what I'm referring to. Yes, old exams. Called magic because they magically make you pass examinations that you're not prepared for.

More often than not, our exams have repeat questions. Probably because the doctors are lazy to create new questionnaires, or because those questions are the most important ones that the students should know.

So what's the deal about those magic? In medschool you know how you're supposed to help your classmates right? You help each other pass. Aside from those transcriptions, you share those magic stuff. Just last time, I barely passed my Medicine examination because my friends and I were one of those unfortunate enough not to get a copy of the magic that mattered (there's more than one set, most of the time). So last time when our answer sheets were distributed, while those around me were happily counting their mistakes (which miraculously appeared quite rarely, to my bafflement), I was anxiously counting my correct answers (which also appeared quite rarely). And when I asked if they had a magic that was very similar to the new exam, they responded with a yes, one even complaining that she only saw that magic early that exam day. Duh. I wasn't even able to lay eyes on that set.

It's just not fair. Sure, we have to study more. And I know it's not right to depend on those magic stuff. But it's just not fair that while you're studying your ass off the night before, you still get lower scores than those who were blessed to study the actual exam questions. And in the eyes of the teachers, we are the ones who didn't study.

It's not that I'm pissed because they have better grades. I'm okay with passing grades, they don't have to be high, as long as they're passing grades. It's just so frustrating that when you have something you can share to your classmates, you share it, but sometimes there are still people who keep theirs from you. And when they find out that they were not given stuff like that, they're mad. Like, look who's talking, right?

Pag sila ang di nag-share, okay lang. Pero pag sila ang di nabigyan nung iba, galit sila.

I heard this one before (I'm not naming names), "Ano yan (referring to some magic), sa atin lang, or sa buong class?"

Selfish. There really are some people who only think of themselves.

Okay I gotta go. I won't be surprised if I fail the exams tomorrow because I spent my night online instead of studying.

Stupid me. hehe

P.S. These cars are cute! :)

picture from
petiteanglaise.com


No comments: