Monday, February 07, 2005


Old friends are great.

I had difficulty studying last night, couldn't keep myself from thinking about the problem I have with him. I needed someone to talk to. With my friends either busy, asleep, or married, I was left with a few people who I could ask help from.

Had a real heart-to-heart talk with my friend last night. Although it was through text only (it was past midnight and she was on duty at a hospital), she still listened to everything I had to say, and gave me words that were really, really enlightening.

It's great. During those times when you need someone you can run to who you know would understand what you're going through, you find yourself coming back to an old friend. And she still welcomes you with open arms.

The last time I opened up to her was almost 7 years ago, when we were in 3nd year highschool. We used to be the closest friends, really inseparable. I don't know why, but we just sort of drifted apart. I wish I didn't let that happen.

Not that I'm complaining about my present close friends, they've been really great, trying to lift my spirits and showing me their support. But sometimes, you want to talk to someone who really understands how you feel, because they've been through the same situation before.

It was also touching that although my other friend was busy with law school, she still managed to text me sometime during lunch today, and answered my questions with really long text messages explaining things to me and trying to make me feel better.

It's really great knowing that you have friends who'll be with you every step of the way. No matter how busy they are, or how long it's been since you last talked to each other, they still find time to understand your drama in life and make you feel that you're not alone.

I have the best friends in the whole world. I thank God for them.


No comments: