Saturday, February 19, 2005

prevmed wooooooo


We're doomed.

We couldn't find any of the most important journal articles for our PrevMed research. My friend looked for the journals in UST. We needed a 1992 journal. They had issues from 1993-present. They had issues earlier than 1992.

But there was no 1992 journal.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sinumpa ata kami!!!

The whole day I was thinking of PrevMed. PrevMed in the morning. PrevMed while taking a bath. PrevMed while eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. PrevMed while driving. PrevMed PrevMed PrevMed the whole day. I called Jel to ask if she knows anyone from other medical schools who'd be willing to help us look for the journals in their libraries. Sobrang naiiyak na kami.. :(

We agreed to look for a new problem, in case we really don't get a copy of the articles we need. I just hope Dr. Tapia approves of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to tie my fingers in this position.

Anyways, my friend Me-anne gave birth to a healthy baby boy! Woohooo! Congrats! :)

I now have two friends who are already mommies! And both have boys. Haha. Cool. I'm this excited because I got to see a lot of Me-ann's pregnancy moments. Unlike Steph who was taken away to Isabela by Jeff.. Hehe. I haven't even seen my inaanak Jared. Steph, you better come home to Bulacan. At least let your son meet me before he marries!

Me-anne was supposed to have a normal delivery, but then they found out that the baby's umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and legs, so they had to do CS. I wasn't supposed to go already because it was already late, but Angie had a debut to attend, and my tatay had a meeting to attend too, so I was left to take her to the venue, and I decided to drop by the hospital after. I arrived there just a few minutes after the baby came out. Thank God they were both okay. Popoy (Me-anne's husband) and I were the first to see the baby. :)

Conversations with the doctors
(they're husband and wife. The husband's an anesthesiologist, the wife's an ob-gyn. They talked to me when they found out I was a medical student.)

#1:
Doctor: Balita ko 6 lang daw ang first year sa inyo?
Me: Huh? Sa St. Luke's po?
Doctor: Oo. 6 lang daw.
Me (said): Ay hindi po. Nasa 70+ naman po ata.
Me (thinking): San mo naman napulot yan?

#2:
Doctor: Ilan ang pumasa sa boards nyo nung first batch?
Me: Di ko po alam eh. 83% po ata. (Hehe I think it was the 2nd batch...)
Doctor: Ahhh may bumagsak pa din pala.
Me (thinking): Nge. Meron po bang medical school na nakaka-100% passing?

#3:
Doctor(a): Magkano ang tuition mo dun?
Me: Yung last po 68thou po yata..
Doctor(a): Mura pa nga yun eh. Pareho lang kayo ng FEU.
Me (thinking): Mura.. Sorry ha poor lang ako. Sige nga pag-aralin mo ko?

Hehe. Ala lang. Medyo lumakas hangin nun sa hospital.. Ewan ko ba..

For a moment there you thought I forgot about PrevMed? Nope. I went there too to ask Me-anne and Popoy (who are both grads of UP), if their library is open during Sundays and if we (non-UPs) could look for journals there.

I hate PrevMed.

No comments: