Thursday, December 30, 2004

wahey!!!


My tatay just got back from Hong Kong last night. At about 6pm, he called me up and told us that they just got out of the airplane. Then I asked him, “Ano nabili nyo?” Then his jolly voice turned gloomy and said “Wala nga eh.” Of course that was a real downer. But well, I was still happy to be seeing him and hear his stories about their trip. He asked me to fetch them at 7pm near the Tabang tollgate, so my sister and I waited there until they arrived.

When we got home, he opened their bag and showed us a couple of t-shirts with Hong Kong designs on it, then told us that he would be giving us something but we should promise that we would share it to each other. I tried guessing, wallet or cellphone, though I wasn’t really interested. What he handed to my sister from his beltbag was something I never expected… a
digicam!!! Hahaha! My sister and I were ecstatic! We were jumping for joy. My tatay told us that he didn’t spend his pocket money so he could buy us a digital camera. I really don’t care about the reviews, and the design (yeah, that grip is a little weird), because it’s still a digital camera! Kahit nga di-tulak na digicam basta digital, papatulan ko pa din. hehe

me and my baby! :)Then today, Bryan and I went with my tatay to Manila because we were going to buy gifts. We first looked for a camera case, and we found one in Jansport. A little expensive, but we want our camera safe and protected. We also tried to look for an exact same camera that we have, just to know how much it costs here. We found only one store. Boy, were we shocked. My tatay was so happy he bought it in Hong Kong. Hehe. After that we bought the gifts for some buyers of our dressed pigeons.

my starbucks planner! :)Also, Bryan and I bought drinks at Starbucks for the last 2 stickers in my card. I finally claimed my planner!!! Weeeee!!!! The barista must have seen the happy happy face I had when I finally got it; I think he congratulated me about 3 times. What an achievement. And with that planner, I got to donate P50 to project SparkHope. Nice. :)

However, Bryan didn’t come home with us anymore. We parted ways before we went home. He’s going back to La Union. Hay…. Another month of waiting… Thanks for the gifts and for the treats and for the company baby. I’ll miss you!

So there, I have a very wonderful year-ending. Too bad when we got home and turned on the tv, we saw footages of the tsunami. I felt a little guilty. Here I am rejoicing with my gifts, while the families of 55,000 victims are in agony. The Philippines is still lucky to have been spared. Imagine if we were not, after the 3 typhoons that hit us.

What is happening to the world? It’s like 2004 has been sailing smoothly and then all of a sudden a few days before the New year, things have gone really, really wrong.

Like any other, all I can do is pray for them… Hope 2005 will be a good year for everyone.


No comments: