Sunday, December 19, 2004

mi madre


my parents' high school grad ballToday is my mother’s 49th birthday. Since my father had to go to Pampanga for business (I know my mother would understand. My tatay’s been working like a dog lately), he told us to visit her and bring her flowers. So at about 11 am, my sister and I went to visit her burial place, we brought her a dozen white roses, and we prayed the rosary. I also talked to her in silence, asked her to still look over me and my sister, especially my tatay. Although my tatay’s got a new wife already, I can see that he still hasn’t forgotten about my nanay and that he still loves her more than anything in this world.

It’s been 5 years since she passed away, but up till now, I still having crying moments whenever I remember how much I am missing my nanay. Just last Monday morning, while I was reviewing for an exam, our neighbor turned their stereo on and played songs of praise. And then this song (the title was Power of Love I think…), which was one of her favorites, started playing. I was singing along at first because I loved that song too, then suddenly, I just got teary-eyed, and then I started crying. I miss her terribly.

Now it’s going to be our 5th Christmas without her, and it still is difficult. I can’t imagine how Christmas must be like for those who just lost their loved ones- the people of Infanta, the family of FPJ, the De Venecia’s, and many others. I sincerely pray for peace in their hearts, because I know how it feels to lose someone you dearly love.

I love you nanay. I miss you so much.

No comments: