Monday, December 27, 2004

happy birthday to me

I’m now 22. Yay! My 22nd birthday has been the 2nd best birthday I’ve had (next to my 18th, of course).

It was kinda weird to have it really celebrated parent-less. We went to mass, visited my nanay, visited my Mendoza relatives at Sta. Isabel, and then my lola at Sta. Rita, before going back home so my tatay and stepmom can prepare for their trip. All in 2 hours, can you believe that? After a while at 11am, my tatay and tita were fetched by their companions and they left for the airport. Kainggit!!!

My sister and I then went to Catmon to celebrate the rest of Christmas with my Sulit relatives. After eating a hearty meal, and receiving numerous gifts, I spent most of my stay there sleeping, even if I was in the most uncomfortable position. I was sooo tired coz I didn’t get enough sleep the night before.

At about 7pm, even though I hated driving at night because my vision is kind of a problem in the dark (even though I wear glasses), we went to Bulacan, Bulacan to visit Tito Rey there. My aunt who visited him told us that he was waiting for other visitors, and that he was kinda sad because his other relatives weren’t there. We were happy to see him in a better condition. He was talking well, he could get himself to a sitting position without assistance, his skin color was not as yellow as before, and he was not whimpering in pain. The relief of seeing your sick relative in such a good state… The 200,000+ (2 days excluding doctors’ fees) that they spent at St. Luke’s Medical Center was definitely worth it.

And finally today, I got to see my baby again! :) We first dropped by Petron Starbucks before we went to SM North Edsa, ate at Chicken Inasal, and shopped for gifts for his family. I bought my Tito Rey a bolster from Bearhuggs because my Tita Ninia said he wanted that specific kind of pillow so he can hug something while sleeping. I bought my Tita Ninia a Mama Mary lamp similar to what I gave my nanay before. We bought a toy gun for Tap-Tap because he made bilin before Bryan and I left for the mall. I also bought little cakes and cookies from Art Cakes for my Tita Bonita and my younger cousins. I had fun shopping for gifts, although I still have not bought my baby any other gift than the pirated NBA Live 2005 cd. By the time we were done shopping he was a little irritable because his feet were aching from all the walking that we did.

We were supposed to celebrate my Bulacan barkada’s Christmas party at Nikka’s place at 6pm, but there were some issues and they decided to change the plans. But since they really wanted to see each other for Christmas (it has been a tradition of some sort already), they instead went to my house and celebrated there. Bryan and I bought the giant Yellow Cab pizza before we left SM, and when we got home, I drove Bryan to his Tita’s place because he said he had to go home early, and I went to fetch Butchik on my way home. I brought Tap-Tap along with me.

At about 7 pm, Mary Ann and Popoy arrived, and Mitzi and Cecilia a few minutes later. They brought chicken cordon bleu recipe by Mitzi’s sister, chocolate mousse from Red Ribbon, ube halaya (tama ba?), suman, some chichiria, and a few bottles of San Mig, which I was able to consume only half a bottle of, before finally giving up. Hehe. I don’t like the taste of beers. The best I can do is consume a whole bottle of Mule, nothing more.

cecilia, butchick, me, me-anne and mitziIt was fun. They started by singing to me the birthday song, with the cake sitting beside a candle they found in our house, but wasn’t lighted because there were no matchsticks around. Hehe. Aside from interviewing Mary Ann about how it feels to be a soon-to-be mom (she’s 7 months pregnant and is due February 25), and the perks of having a married life, we also had fun singing karaoke songs that my darling sister set up. We had a blast reminiscing about our highschool days, about our present lives, and also shared a lot of confessions. But this was definitely fun, fun, fun. They left at about half past midnight.

Great, great birthday. I received a lot of gifts, even those most-wanted under my wishlist. This has also been the year with the most number of people remembering my birthday (my 18th birthday doesn’t count. Hello, there were invitations handed so that’s a reminder) I spent the whole day of December 26 with Bryan, and he’ll be in Bulacan until the 28th. I have only 4 stickers left for the Starbucks planner. Kaya lang I wasn’t able to call my relatives abroad. Hay. Merry Christmas Cha and Che! Miss you!!!

To everyone who greeted my on my birthday, thank you!!! J I hope I don’t forget your birthdays… ahahaha!


Happy New Year!!! :)

No comments: