Friday, December 24, 2004

sleeping pill entry



my sister just lost her 1thousand-peso bill. poor girl. as i am typing this entry, she has been constantly waking up from her sleep every 10 minutes or so for the past hour, gets up, checks her wallet, and then goes back to sleep again. had it been an ordinary night, a marching band could have entered the room and she would have no recollection whatsoever of any interruption the next day.

it's 1:10 am and what am i doing still up? i don't know. i just don't feel sleepy at all. i remember drinking 4 cups of coffee just for this day. i guess i drank too much.

today is december 24. tomorrow is december 25. christmas day. Jesus' birthday. my birthday as well. hmm...

in my entire life, i have only attended "simbang gabi" twice. haha. and do you know, we don't celebrate noche buena. :) i was actually surprised to learn that noche buena was to christmas, as media noche was to new year. i learned that only when i was in 1st year college, when a classmate woke me up from my sleep at half past midnight to greet me a happy birthday. she was surprised to hear my voice all groggy, and asked me when school resumed if we don't celebrate christmas at all. turned out that while everyone was preparing dinner and waiting for the clock to strike 12mn, to finally greet each other merry christmas and open their presents, my family and i are in deep slumber, and only start celebrating christmas when we wake up. :) i honestly thought, noche buena meant the whole day of December 24. stupid. hehehe

but we do celebrate media noche. ang weird naman kung pagka-gising namin eh saka lang kami magpapaputok at magtatatalon diba? :P

my tatay's leaving for hongkong tomorrow. he'll be back on the 28th pa, not the 27th. i wonder how my christmas would be without a single parent around... i have to start packing his things pa tomorrow. when my tatay's excited, he just gets too aligaga that he forgets things. i know he's excited, he just wouldn't show it. hehe. ever since my nanay passed away, i've always been the one doing the packing for him.

yehey, my eyelids are finally starting to get droopy.

that's it. i'm off to sleep.

merry christmas! :)

No comments: