Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Story of Three Kids

Kids can really get on your nerves because they're so kulit, but admit it, they're funny, cute, sweet. Also sometimes, we even get lessons from them just by watching them.

I'm not really into kids. As a matter of fact, when I was asked what kind of doctor I wanted to be, all I answered was that I can't be a pediatrician. I lack charisma (when I was hearing mass one time, a kid was in front of me. I smiled at him, he cried.), my way of speaking is too mataray, and I look too masungit. And okay, too much kakulitan is not something I find fascinating. But that doesn't mean I hate kids. I'm just not the type of person who goes "Oooh how cute..." when I see kids.

Anyway, as you all know, I'm not having the time of life right now.

Ok. I'm miserable.

I wrote this post because for this boring Sunday, kids were responsible for making me smile. They didn't do anything to make me really smile, but just listening to them and watching them was enough.

Here's why:

1. My sister told me that early in the morning while I was still asleep, she overheard Tap-Tap and Ajon (both inaanak of mine), talking while watching our made ironing our clothes.

Tap-Tap: "Sige nga Ajon, kung talagang matapang ka, hawakan mo nga yung plantsa?"

Haha. Babaw noh? I just found it really funny. I mean, isn't that amusing for you to hear a three-year-old say that?

Just last night, we watched the video tape of my sister's debut celebration. Tap-Tap saw his crush on tape (she's 21 years old). He was really kilig when he saw her.

My tatay: "Gusto mo ba talaga si Andrea?"

Tap-Tap: "Oo, papakasalan ko na yan eh."

2. Another kid made me smile while I was at my Grandma's house this afternoon. My cousin's "girlfriend" came to visit, and while waiting for him, the girl was playing with Baby and Hanna.

Girlfriend: "Hindi naman ako ang girlfriend ng kuya mo. Si Cacai mahal nun."

Baby: "Eh ikaw, sino naman ang iniisip mo gabi-gabi?"

She's 7 years old, I think.

3. My aunt was telling us the story of what happened to Bise, one kid who's under her care. Last night, Bise went home at 9pm, and they were all panicking because they thought he was lost. But anger was turned into amusement when they found out where Bise had been the whole time.

Aunt: "San kayo nanggaling?"

Bise: Sa Grandma's po (a supermarket), kasama ko po si AJ. Sumasayaw po sya dun, tapos may naghahagis po ng pera."

They collected 25 pesos by doing that, and they were able to buy fishballs.

Embarrassing, yes. But still hilarious nonetheless. Bata pa maabilidad na.

So there goes the story of three kids who made the melancholic NiƱa smiling. :)

No comments: