Monday, September 27, 2004

A Blogger's Happiness


I have been blogging for more than half a year now (my original blog is a xanga), and I absolutely love it. I've been reading other blogs for quite a while before I finally decided to start my own blog. At first the idea of having my own blog was just something I wanted to try, and I didn't think I'd be blogging faithfully. Even when I had my own blog already, the idea of other people reading my bare thoughts online was something I didn't feel comfortable with.

I kept my blog to myself.

I had no readers, and no one knew about the site except for me. It also took months before I told my boyfriend about my blog, which he visited rarely too because he was busy with work.

So there I was, having a blogworld of my own, which no one knew existed.

It was only after I had a chat with my friend Joan, that I discovered she, as well as some classmates, were bloggers as well. I'm not the only dork who thinks blogging is cool! Haha. That was when I decided to come out, although I was still quite reluctant. That was the time that I finally decided to allow someone into my blogworld. And it is through something called "links" that other people also knew about the blogger in me. Di ba Joan? :)

What's great about blogging?

At first I thought blogging's cool because you get to have a page of your own (type in your name in google search and something comes up, isn't that cool?) where you can just say anything you want.

It's therapy.

But know what's the best part of blogging?

Discovering more about people you see almost everyday. Discovering what they really are inside: their thoughts, their feelings, their dreams, imaginations, creativity... just how great they are. Discovering who they really are. Appreciating them more. And having them appreciate you, empathize with you, show you that what you're thinking, feeling, and what you're going through is perfectly normal. That you are perfectly normal.


A blogger's happiness? It's finding true friends among fellow blog dorks.

Need I say more?

Thanks Redg and Joan. :)

No comments: