Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Dr. Amado


OR na naman kami sa Surgery kanina. Ang saya saya!!! :)

I love Surgery Clincs. Clinics only, not lecture. Great topics and enjoyable techniques to learn, coupled with a cool, humble surgeon, wouldn't you love it?

Dr. Amado is great. He's not like the other surgeons. No air of superiority. He acts like he's just one of us, only with a brilliant mind (best clerk and best intern during his days, and an assistant intern told us he was a board topnotcher...) Aside from that, it's also great witnessing that he's not just a doctor with a brilliant mind, but a doctor with an even more brilliant attitude. Whenever we're on our way to the hospital, it's just amazing how people just call him and greet him, and how he mingles with them. I'm sure Joan, Mitzi and Dimple will agree with me when I say he's simply great.

I wish I could be like him someday. No, not because of the achievements. I want nothing more than to be looked up to by other people not because I am just a doctor, but because I am a good doctor.

I got this quote from Aegis 2003 of Ateneo. It's from Gentry King. I do not know this guy and he doesn't know I exist. I was just browsing through the write-ups and his parting words caught my attention. (This explanation is for you, my dear Bryan, just in case you get any crazy ideas... hehe) I just love what he said:

People often praise you for your talents, beauty, or intellect, and it is nice to be appreciated for those: but nothing is more appreciated than when people tell you that you are a good person: there is nothing more in life that I would want to be than that.

Beautiful, isn't it?

There is nothing more in life too, that I would want to be than that.

No comments: