Saturday, March 12, 2005

bohol tragedy and biochem memories


This entry was originally supposed to start with a YAHOO but I decided to change it. I mean, everyone knows about what happened in Bohol right? I kinda felt guilty, here I am rejoicing, while families of some 30+ kids are grieving.

Cyanide poisoning's the main theory of the doctors, because the kids ate Cassava. But, organophosphate poisoning is another theory. I don't know, but I (as well as some friends) am somehow not convinced that cyanide's the culprit. From what I remember in Biochem last year, the main sign and symptoms of cyanide poisoning are cherry red lips of the patient, difficulty of breathing, and bitter almond odor of the breath. But as Nicky said, some manifestations of the patients in Bohol are not correlated with those of cyanide poisoning. (Am I right Dr. Emer?) Hehe. Nag-mamagaling eh. Ah ewan. Parang yun natatandaan ko.

Hay, whatever the reason maybe, the lesson here is to be careful. Minsan simpleng pagpapabaya, buhay ang nagiging kapalit.

I just remembered one kid's particular story (from Magandang Gabi Bayan). He was really disheartened because that day, he had 2 pesos as baon, so he gave one peso to his brother. And his brother used that 1 peso to buy maruya, which caused his brother's death. :(

Grabe. So many tragedies already... I pray to God di na madagdagan pa.

Anyways, bakasyon ko na. Mapapahinga na ako. :)

Nyt all.

No comments: