Sunday, October 17, 2004

Out of Control


We visited my Lola Tinay today, who, as I've told in the previous entry, is also in a delicate condition. I expected her to be pale and thin and all that. Aside from the fact that she was too weak to get out of bed by herself, she didn't look terrible at all, which was of course, very good. We tried our best to boost her spirits, saying that her condition was far better than my mother's before, which means it's something she couldn't handle.

What exactly do you say to a dying relative?

It was also good that we brought along my inaanak Tap-Tap, who made her laugh and feel better just by seeing him dancing his "Halukay Ube dance" and "sayaw bakla".

After an hour and a half, we decided to leave so she could rest well, and her daughter followed us outside to tell us about the truth about my lola's condition.

I thought it was her cancer that was the main problem. But we were told by her daughter secretly that it was her heart. They decided not to tell my lola, because that probably would harm her, kasi mahina loob nya. We saw her x-ray result, and I was aghast to see that the aorta was as wide as the heart itself. We were told it was because of cholesterol deposits. I never knew the aorta could be that big.

My Tito Rey's prognosis was bad, having only 4 months left to live. My Lola's was worse: she could die any minute now.

Grabe. Christmas is near, and all of a sudden, death is lurking around the corner too.

As if that's not enough, my father just told me that another Tita has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Please continue to pray for my Tito, Lola and Tita. And also those other people suffering from cancer. I hope a cure for this dreadful disease will be discovered really soon. It's so sad to know how many lives have been claimed by this disease, and how many families have suffered because of the loss of a loved one.


Tip of the Day

When you're writing a blog entry, try typing and saving it in MS Word first, then when you're done, use the cut-and-paste magic.

I just finished writing a more detailed entry of the one above here and was changing the colors of the text when I accidentally hit the wrong key. And voila! A blank window.


Nakakainis!!!!!!

So what's above is the summarized one, with less feelings.


.................................



Might not be able to update for a while. I've got exams until Tuesday, and after the last exam, go straight to Days with the Lord retreat until Thursday. Can't wait to experience Days again. I need it.

Especially now.

No comments: