Friday, October 08, 2004

Daddy's Day Out


I like the title.

Well, my tatay is not here with us. He's at some fancy hotel right now, probably having dinner with his marriage encounter friends. And they get to stay there for the night. It's all paid for by their host couple. :)

So my tatay told me about this invitation last Thursday, and I thought he sounded cute when he told me "Sabi ko titingnan ko kung makakasama ako, kasi Friday yun eh susunduin ko kayo ng kapatid mo." Hehe. Parang nagpapaawa no?

I told him to go. He needed the break. So this afternoon they went to fetch me from school, after which we went to Dapitan to fetch my sister. I was amused at how my tatay looked, carrying the backpack that contained everything they needed for their one night stay at the hotel. He looked really cute, like a kid excited to go on his field trip. And my sister and I looked like his worried parents asking last minute questions like "Kumpleto ba gamit mo? Nakapagdala ka brief? Yung medyas mo? Wala ka nakalimutan?" Haha.

Yet, the real father in him still showed through. He checked the van a couple of times, if the locks were okay, if the gasoline was enough, if the tires were okay. A few more bilin na paulit-ulit, and then we were off.

I hate driving at night. My eyes are especially blurred during nighttime. Since I'm wearing glasses, my clear vision is limited to a small area that the lenses of my glasses covered, meaning I am blind peripherally. And you know how Filipino drivers would just suddenly drive up their cars beside you from nowhere. Added to that, I was really sleepy. A few times during the drive(really traffic), I found myself opening my eyes to see that the car in front of me has already moved a distance about 3 cars away. Oh, it also rained. And the damn dirty wiper which was supposed to make the view clearer, made it even more blurry a few times so that I had to drive with my face near enough to kiss the dashboard. Thankfully, it started raining when we were near our exit so I saved myself from some real major back pain from being hunched for a long period. I wish I took real good care of my eyes. :(

When we got home, I immediately told my sister to text my tatay and tell him we were home, because it was his utmost bilin. My tatay's always like that whenever I drive without him. It feels like he's talking to a young boy driving a car for the first time, instead of a 21-year-old daughter who's even driven a van all the way up to Baguio.

So when I asked my sister to text him, she was like "Kanina pa nga text ng text ng 'San na kayo?'" Haha. He's the sweetest. I love my poperoo. :) Oh, last Wednesday I asked him to bring me some food the next day so I could eat a free lunch. He went to the market at 7pm to buy the ingredients, cooked, and brought the food to my sister in Dapitan, and me in QC at 7 in the morning of Thursday. May kanin pa. :)

Can't wait for him to arrive home tomorrow and listen to his stories of how insanely expensive hotel drinks are. :)


*EDIT* My tatay just texted me. He saw Piolo Pascual at the hotel. heehee.. :)

*EDIT again* Earthquake. Did you feel?

No comments: